[ ] preview modes
[ ] rss feed
[ ] stats would be fun
[ ] cache pages (daily)
[ ] css option for user (in template)
[ ] translations
[ ] work even if js is disabled
[ ] not linked media/page list
This CMS is something you should be able to copy&past on a webserver with PHP, and "just work", which is to say :
- Write your articles with a minimalist and intuitive syntax with dynamic previews
- Add medias simply by drag&drop
- Add link to a future page, click it, write your new page, save. Done !
- Convivial tool : it should be easy to customize. No weird library, plain basic PHP.
It was VERY inspired (pillaged) from the lichen project - which you should check !https://lichen.sensorstation.co/
Credit (pillaged victims)
- Lichen (a shameful lot of core js/php/css)
- W3C js snippets (drag&drop js)
- Mastodon dark theme (css)
What is Kevni anyway ?
Kevni means "moss" in Breton. I picked it because it felt close to lichen, as plant vibes goes within my head.
You could have contributed to lichen's CMS instead !
I'm bad at coding, and I felt it'd be just as easy to make a fork than being a nuisance to the developer.
- Nginx/apache config had to be done to use lichen. I hate that - and most cheap hosting service won't even allow it.
- I want to drag&drop stuff !
- I want a cache system !
- I want RSS feeds !
- I want it to work even without JS !
- I want more "syntax" stuff than what gemtext allows - we should preserve the gemtext spiritual core - AND - add shinies.
I guess it's safe to got with the MIT license because it's so heavily copied from Lichen which uses it ?